About St. Patrick Elementary School
The Sisters of Loretto at the Foot of the Cross opened St. Patrick Cathedral School in the fall of 1923 with 220 students in grades 1st through 7th. It was located in the community center at 1309 N. Stanton in what is now Cathedral High School. It was moved to the present location at 1111 N. Stanton in 1938. The Sisters of Loretto operated the school until 1976 when the first lay principal was appointed. Currently, the school houses 4k through 8th grade. St. Patrick’s Elementary School is currently conducting a search for a principal to reinvigorate Catholic education in the El Paso area and provide a flagship school for all of our area Catholic schools.
As the chief administrator of St. Patrick Elementary School, the Principal works with the Parish, the El Paso Catholic Diocese Superintendent, the Board of Directors, Home and School Association, teachers, and parents to provide leadership supporting the school’s mission of a quality Catholic education by providing spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social development of children in a safe, positive, and supportive environment.
- In collaboration with the Cathedral’s Pastor, maintains and nurtures the school’s Catholic identity consistent with the Roman Catholic faith.
- Communicating the school’s vision to numerous and varied audiences and constituencies-students, parents, teachers, staff, alumni, Board of Directors, community members, donors and other benefactors, and stakeholders
- Developing a compelling vision and strategic direction for the school.
- Strategic Plan
- Marketing Plan
- Advancement programs to achieve goals and objectives
- Development, implementation, and enforcement of school policies
- Nurtures a values-based culture and environment that nurtures a commitment to excellence and service.
- Provides operational and strategic direction to the faculty and staff in their work of promoting the mission and values of St. Patrick and fosters an atmosphere of spirituality and excellence in learning, achievement, cooperation, and service. Oversight of academic programs.
- Build relationships with potential donors and alumnae. Engages alumni, parent and student groups, and related stakeholders when appropriate at events, initiatives, and activities.
- Solicitation of grants and donations from alumni, foundations, trusts, organizations, and select individuals.
- Development and fiscal management of the school’s budget.
- Oversight of facilities and equipment maintenance/capital management programs.
- Maintenance and investment in equipment and access to information technology.
- Develops and implements a marketing plan for recruiting new students and increasing enrollment;
- Ensure accreditations and reports are prepared for accreditation visits;
- Is a practicing Catholic, with a strong commitment to St. Patrick’s Elementary School;
- Advanced degree and teaching certification;
- A record of success as an administrator in a complex organization, preferably a non-profit, with experience leading staff in an office environment;
- Budget management experience, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Strong oral and written communication capabilities that inspire confidence with internal and external audiences.
- An open and consultative leadership style, partnering with and motivating faculty, staff, and students to take the school to a heightened level of success;
- An ability to orchestrate successful engagement with external funding agencies, donors, and sponsors;
- A clear understanding of leading-edge methods and instructional technologies to support teaching and learning in face-to-face and online settings;
- A critical, strategic, creative thinker and problem solver; and
- An ability to influence people positively and be a catalyst for progress.
The candidate should provide the following information on a confidential basis to:
Irene Pistella (Ipistela@cathedral-elpaso.org)
- A cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications to be the Principal of St. Patrick Elementary School.
- A brief personal essay about your educational and administrative philosophy and your vision for St. Patrick Elementary School. Discuss how your background and leadership would enrich St. Patrick’s.
- A current resume, including your telephone number and email address
- Four professional references including Name, Email, Phone Number